- nishkAma-svadharmAcaraNaM : Doing one’s duty without any attachment to either the fruits thereof or to the act itself in terms of doership.
- advaita-bhAvanA-sahita bhakti : Dedication and devotion to the Supreme with an attitude of non-duality of the Supreme
- sama-dRshTi through brahma-bhAvanA : An equanimous view of the universe gained by a constant awareness of the omnipresent brahman
- indriya-nigrahaM and yoga-sAdhanA: The senses to be put in their place and deliberate efforts to be consistently made to transcend the senses as well as rid oneself of all attachment
- SaraNAgati : The principle of surrender to the divine of everything that one calls his own and living up to that surrender.